About Techno Park
The Palestine Techno Park (PTP) a non-profit company established in 2016 with the VISION to create national infrastructure, business environment and culture that will enable knowledge-based and creative enterprises as well as technology clusters to successfully operate locally, regionally and globally. Our MISSION is to be the location of choice to seed, grow and commercialize these types of businesses by nurturing innovation-led programs across knowledge-based industries through nurturing leadership in collaborating with value chains stakeholders to promote innovative solutions to end markets.
The PTP is a full-time member of the International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation (IASP), a leading global network for science parks and areas of innovation. PTP welcomes Partnerships and Investment with economic development initiatives, multinationals, technology companies, high net worth individuals and local cluster of companies and international ones.
The generous donation received from the REPUBLIC OF INDIA to develop the flagship Palestine - India Techno Park building and the infrastructure of the master plan at the 20,000 square meter location that was generously allocated by Birzeit University has both contributed towards turning our vision into reality.
The PTP has the following objectives:
- Establishing a national essential infrastructure to enable growth and clustering in the technology sector by providing commercial offices services catering to innovation and technology companies
- Promoting the brand and image of the technology sector to attract foreign direct investment and integrate with global value chains
- Supporting technology entrepreneurship programs by launching new technology start-ups, social enterprises and developing new innovative products
- Conducting technology transfer activities (including emerging technologies) that would work on the commercialization cycles of research and development whether at universities or industry and take them to markets
- Bridging the knowledge gap and the gap between private sector & academic in capacity building, technology and innovation
The PTP believes that activities meeting above objectives will result in economic development including job creation.
PTP welcomes partnerships and investment with economic development initiatives with multinationals, technology companies, high-net worth individuals and local cluster of companies and international ones seeking triple bottom-lines investments.
To create a national infrastructure, business environment and culture that will enable knowledge-based enterprises to successfully operate locally, regionally and globally.
There is a positive correlation between the availability of smart office space infrastructure and the opportunity to increase job opportunities that are linked to exports.
To be the location of choice to seed, grow and commercialize business opportunities by nurturing innovation-led programs across knowledge-based industries as well as developing synergies in the creative and technology clusters by nurturing leadership in collaborating with business, research partners, value chains stakeholders, and promoting innovative value propositions to end markets.
The Techno Park has the following objectives:
- To provide physical infrastructure and office space as well as shared facility as a place that promoted innovation
- To promote science and innovative technologies
- To commercialize technological knowledge developed at universities and community
- To support technology intensive production and entrepreneurship
- To contribute to the adaptation of manufacturing industry to innovative technologies
- To provide employment and access to qualified labour represented by the student and academic body
- To promote regional development by intensive R&D studies
- To create foreign direct investment opportunities
- To increase the synergy and cooperation between local companies as a cluster
- To increase and enhance exports by providing congenial and enabling environment to technology based products and services exporting companies